Pen'D Poem : August 25 - 31

Lynnett Fox
Mannequin

I thought I was fool proof
But the bullet hit and shattered
My heart
Stone cold
Faceless with no one to hold
A shell of my former flesh
Nothing left
As I try to break into me
I scream
Please
Still not being what
I'm supposed to be I dream
In abstract
A statue
Of virtue
A figurine
So serene
A doll
Who's likely to fall
Smaller then life
No one's wife
As my body produces
No more tears
Lost in the window pane
Mannequin
Life not happening
A puppet
For all to see
This is me
Plastic with a soul
No happily ever after doesn't exist
Or I wouldn't be stuck like this
Fairy tales
Are full of it
My strings
So easily pushed
A servant 
Subordinate to my position
An instrument of tradition A tool
Yet still no bodies fool...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me, SP & many other fellow Poets out here who find peace with expression. Words are powerful and because you took the time to share your thoughts here remember you're making a difference. Use your Voice to give back to the world!
Much <3 SP