The Valley


Tho I walked through the valley
I smiled
No longer exiled
For I am in my garden of Eden
Yes I was born a heathen
But I turned my life around
And I proudly wear this crown
A queen maybe not
But royalty best believe
Why cause I achieved
The wealth of loving myself
Death hung at my feet
But I dared to not give up
And too reach for my dreams
The stars have lit my way
Through that valley today
My lows no longer touch the ground
And my highs are closer then the sky
I've got my eye on the prize
Glad I didn't believe the lies
As my flesh becomes new
My verses grew
To a state
For I will never break
Too much at stake
Throw that negativity into the lake
Let the fire burn
As the rose blooms
On snow covered ponds
Summer sings that song
The kiss of the morning dew
As I forgive myself
And life starts anew...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me, SP & many other fellow Poets out here who find peace with expression. Words are powerful and because you took the time to share your thoughts here remember you're making a difference. Use your Voice to give back to the world!
Much <3 SP