My Praise

Almost 30 years God has blessed me with air
Through those there have been trials and triumphs
A tear falls from my eyes
Not a reflection of weakness
But instead of my strength to keep going
To keep pressing on despite the naysayers
I played with the cards I was given
Easy, I never thought life would be
Quite the contrary a whirlwind of experiences
I have had my good days
I have had my bad days 
But in spite of
Praise is what I do
A product of a single mother
Has taught me the strength of a woman
The never-ending love and compassion
Our days were not always sunny but a victim we never were
The source of misplaced frustration
Increased my determination
To ensure no replication
Due to your absence
I will never fault you for you checking out on your position
For in that time I had to reach out to my heavenly father
Who would never leave nor forsake me
Whom I shall forever be thankful to for fathering me
And wrapping me in your arms
I thank you for molding and building a God fearing woman
That has a story to tell
For man once was my fear......but this day I say no more
Now my past is not where the story ends
For I overcame and became a light to young women near and far 
Who thought all hope was gone
I became a part of a ministry that allowed me to be me
Not fearing the strange stares and nonacceptance
A wreck I came to experience
Like a flash I thought my life was gone
But then God stepped on in and responded
"My Child I Am Not Done Yet"
It is not until you understand my story
That you can truly understand my praise
Continuously praying 
Forever grateful
Accepting of the path you have set for me
Some may get a little lost in this piece
But once again this is my praise
For Praise Is What I Do


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me, SP & many other fellow Poets out here who find peace with expression. Words are powerful and because you took the time to share your thoughts here remember you're making a difference. Use your Voice to give back to the world!
Much <3 SP