Testing

The ship has sailed
And I feel I failed
But the truth is
You failed me

You never gave me a chance
Always hesitating.
Scared to take the next step.
I got tired of waiting
With hope going nowhere

Always Testing Me
Am I everything you wanted?
Is this truly what's meant to be?
But can't you see
How much more proof do you need?
My love was paid in full
A marriage license annulled.

Somehow you thought I was lying
When all I was trying to do
Is prove that my love was true
I thought I knew you
But I guess I was wrong
Realization translated into this song

You thought I was messing with your homies
Your boys, like brothers, learned to know me
They even told you no
But you were stubborn
And would not let go
of morbid thoughts...destruction of our union
That you took the time to ruin
Why did you waste our time
I hoped one day you would say,
Will you be mine?
Who are you?

By the time I received notice
I had already wrote this
My light already blew out
I felt no joy anymore
To be the one you adore
Figment of my imagination
(In daydreams I feel elation)
Now I must walk away
It hurts too much to stay
I must go my own way

Someone else will be sure
That my lonely heart is pure
And no one else will have it
I will no longer think of you
After we said our goodbyes
And are through.
Because you didn't fully trust me anyway.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me, SP & many other fellow Poets out here who find peace with expression. Words are powerful and because you took the time to share your thoughts here remember you're making a difference. Use your Voice to give back to the world!
Much <3 SP