Pen'D Poem: March 17 - 24

Bobbie Escobar
She knew what to do without me ever speaking a word.
Showed up to the house late, with a heavy heart and lowered head.
Too late for talking, so i lay there, right beside her.....
Tears fell....
Sobs escaped......
words drifted.....

then,

she held me close.
Her perfume wafted through my hard exterior into the softer parts of my memory.
Her embrace was heaven, and as she held me tight to her, all pain escaped.

I was free from misery,
from deceit, from hurt and lies, from debauchery and treacherous leeches....
I was home.....


 but only for a few hours....
until i was back into the cold.....


 Moving away from the only thing real to me.....


 Randumt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me, SP & many other fellow Poets out here who find peace with expression. Words are powerful and because you took the time to share your thoughts here remember you're making a difference. Use your Voice to give back to the world!
Much <3 SP