Pen'D Poem: Feb 24 - March 6

Darius Farrar



"Drowning Tears"
Why does it seem like
The more I open my heart
The bigger weapon you try to find
Forgetting that this heart of mines
Is just as fragile as yours
But you still try to chip away
At this ole heart of mines
I've sexed you as your
Heart pledged me too
I've loved you as your
Soul cherished me too
But as soon as I build up too
Make my appearance in this relationship
My very last appearance of your life
You always show signs of improvement
Telling my heart the things it wants
And showing my soul the things it needs
Why won't you allow this heart of mines
To finally stop drowning it self
In its own tears
I'm starting to get to the point where
I forget the swimming instructions
And standing to see if the water
Is neck high or not isn't even an option
Not because I'm too far in but
Because I've stayed so long my memory
Doesn't remember how far I've come and gone
I want to be a free agent and
See who really wants a bid at helping
God rebuild this broken heart so
That the healing process can begin
But before that happens I need to be
Release from this depressing abusive team
And saved from drowning in my tears

 Poetic Vessel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me, SP & many other fellow Poets out here who find peace with expression. Words are powerful and because you took the time to share your thoughts here remember you're making a difference. Use your Voice to give back to the world!
Much <3 SP