What's dead shouldn't bleed

What's dead shouldn't bleed


A lot of my work isn't from
personal experiences. Some
I've experienced through others some
close some far: family , friends , news
movies etc.... And sometimes it is
personal but with my style of writing
it's very hard for the reader to identify
which is which. This piece is very personal

I am me because
of what her childhood
forced her to see / family,
before her children you couldn't
spot a branch on that damaged
tree/ if you did it was broken
absent the nutrients to sprout
a leaf like when it rained the
soil beneath purposely rejected
the food it was given to eat

Jail, group homes, and
shelters these places so
unfamiliar to me but my
mom once called them home
she lacked the guidance that
all children need / grandma
was a addict heroin weakened
her motherly reach / her
best friend an alcoholic
she took full custody /
her addiction convinced
her my mother was the enemy
every time she drank she revealed
a new method for my mom
to bleed / her brother blood
related was far from brotherly
not once but two times my uncle
forced himself inside her space
where only a significant other
should be

My mother is
inspiration for
"breathe" to do
it's deeds because
her will to survive
exceeds the beast
in deaths need to
feed it's greed

Four siblings
a total of five
with the addition
of me / that intermission
after two the doctors
sworn would exceed
the definition of
brief / an attempted
suicide supposedly
stole her gift to conceive
but God said people please
and enhanced her chances
by three

after that attempt
to give back her gift
of life she tried again
and again her arms
too familiar with the
sharp of a knife / depressed
from a haunted past that
told her it'll be better to
live with Christ but he
never sent that request
so he made sure she
continued to fight

Today things are
much better then
yesterday the past
is long gone but
on occasion it shows
it's face / family! That
tree so much stronger now
  I'd say and together
we make sure that the
past knows its place

What's dead shouldn't bleed

© 2013 viewtifulink


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me, SP & many other fellow Poets out here who find peace with expression. Words are powerful and because you took the time to share your thoughts here remember you're making a difference. Use your Voice to give back to the world!
Much <3 SP