Dance Is ME

When I dance. the first thing I say is "God accept this praise please"  and for the time that I'm dancing I feel like he's lookin at me the most,.. sinful, dirty, deliberate tired old me, The same me that rushes out the house without prayin, or never really thanks him for the time he spends settin up blessings for me that I have no clue about. So they say when you dance, You get to see who that person is, they bare their heart and weave stories right in front of your eyes, and only those with the gifts God gave can see that and relate,..
So let me weave a similar story, through my words, untamed and very free, just like my dance, not many periods, because when I dance just like these commas I stop only briefly so you can understand me.
When God watches me dance, I know he sees how, I wave,.. the pain moves from one point of my body to another,
sometimes it'll show up in one spot and travel unseen into another part of my body, or when i wave in segments, is as if I can control how much goes where, or as if I've learned to tame it when still its uncontrolled,
When I pop, its as if I'm hardening myself to the daily problems that seek out my weak spots,and seem to hit me where it hurts most, or when I lock, that quick tense moment, show how deep and how grounded I need to be when things happen the impact on my body may even wear it out but that hardening only turns into stamina for the future
when I tick, I take the time to make it intricate enough to show you no matter how big the area of problems around me is I can take emotion and minimize it till it looks unreal, as if its not even there
When I strobe, I take that same small feeling, and place it any where in every where, pausing for each millisecond only to go on further pushing little by little towards my destination
When I tut I show that being accurate and right, can only help me be precise in how I work things out whether its around me or in myself ,...
When I finger tut, I take that same concentration, and add to it, hoping God sees the picture I'm tryna paint for him.,
when I animate I take the time to demonstrate how some days I have to literally motivate myself just to get up and face the day
when I glide I show how smoothly things go over when I trust  not just me but God and knowin that my feet are on solid ground
When I freeze  I stop it all, to take a moment to talk to God, and hope that in that moment he hears me so when I move he moves my problems along with me,
but see dancin isn't all an expression of pain for me,.. but that's the most beautiful and harmless way you'll see me release it, so when you see me dance, don't see it as a show of skill, see it as me showing you what i give to God when he looks at me, the me who will try and try and try until I get it right,
Keep workin on me God and perfect me as I perfect my moves,..
now you know me....

Theron Steele



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me, SP & many other fellow Poets out here who find peace with expression. Words are powerful and because you took the time to share your thoughts here remember you're making a difference. Use your Voice to give back to the world!
Much <3 SP