Pieces of a Mirror

~ Pieces of a Mirror ~
Feat. Rastalady

Oh..shyt... 7 yrs bad luck they say when a mirror U break. So i quickly try to pick up the pieces. Pricking my finger i watch it bleed..and then see my red reflection in this piece. Recalling a time my soul bled. Broken promises cut so deep. And i pick up another piece and see a little girl staring back at me...wondering if she recognizes me? Is she proud of how much I've grown and who Ive become? Or is it disgust that makes her frown? The next piece i have to look at deep...half of a face is all i make out. What does this piece mean? Maybe i don't even know me? Or is it a secret i don't share with you? Then i retrieve a piece ..an old lady?? Who could this be? I don't recall meeting her...is she my future me...looking so elegantly? What tales could she share? Would it be fair if she could talk? Tell me what i need to hear. The last piece i pick up..there is no reflection at all now I'm scared...is this the death of me? Staring into nothingness.my being blank? Will people remember me? And see me for who i was? 
~Rastalady~

I was born wit bad luck, whats 7 more years. I take my fist punch da mirror an watch an feel as da glass burst all round me. Turnin round in da glass as it falls almost if I'm dancin in da fallen glass lookin at my reflections. Sum young, sum old, sum just black. I drop to my knees an look at myself. Thinkin, who da hell is she? She cant be me, dis lil gyrl so full of lyfe, then i quickly see da reflection fade away. I search thru da glass only to find me, her, i don't know. I hear da voices of da glass talkin tellin da story of da reflection, but everythang in da room is so silent an still. Cuttin my flesh as i crawl thru an in da broken pieces. I pick up anotha i see, me wit my kids, then da 1 I'm missin slowly fades as i scream out beggin her her to come back, as her last words are good bye mommy, i love u. I cry, not clear tears but black, yet i have on no make up. I pick up anotha piece me 13yrs old hand full of pills. Did i shattered my lyfe or was i born cursed in pain. I cant take wat I'm seein but I'm frozen in da glass of my reflection, tyme to face da damaged me. Can I now save me? I see my kids wit me in anotha piece, wait their at my coffin, but there nt older their still young. I smash da glass, cant take wat I'm seein but i hear my kids cry out for me. I then pick up anotha piece, edges so sharp it cuts me so deep my soul bleeds. I'm standin ova my dads coffin. All dis misery i cant take it. Da reflections, da voices, da stories behind da reflection. I yell out stop. They just get loud. Is it torture or is it wisdom, to give me strength. I take a piece an i see, me pinned down as a child. I drop da glass. I pick up to long pieces. I have mirror part facin down, i cant take seein me no more. Wait what if its my happiest tyme? It cant be, I'm da princess of pain. I endured so much of it. I eagerly jab da sharp edge mirror pieces in my eyes, now i really see my shattered lyfe in a mirror, i cant even cry, I'm just goin to let my reflections cry for me.
~k.princess~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me, SP & many other fellow Poets out here who find peace with expression. Words are powerful and because you took the time to share your thoughts here remember you're making a difference. Use your Voice to give back to the world!
Much <3 SP