Pen'D Poem: July 7 - 13

When Angels Fly 
  
I happened across an angel 
one day and this is what he said...

...my dear you have such sadness that lingers within your eyes
Although you try to conceal it... I can recognize
The emptiness that surrounds you although your never alone
Even though you are so gentle your heart has turned to 
stone
You cannot be disheartened, you cannot turn your back
Do not close your eyes on life because of things you lack
You must not give in to the pain of so many things to come
Bring everything full circle then all will be undone
You know that I am with you forever and a day
But you must listen to me and everything I say
For I will never harm you nor let life's path drag you down
The flutter of my wings let you know that I'm around
 
...and with the gentle breeze 
he silently disappeared.
 
-Debbie Armstrong
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me, SP & many other fellow Poets out here who find peace with expression. Words are powerful and because you took the time to share your thoughts here remember you're making a difference. Use your Voice to give back to the world!
Much <3 SP