False accusations

False accusations

where I'm from....

they say violence
is the key for he
who demands to
be respected.... A
lie which trained
my brother to believe
a life of crime is what's
accepted

proper guidance
kept me straight
that routine path
I easily rejected
the way you live
shouldn't be determined
by where your from nor
your complexion

Raised in the
wilderness an environment
that requires sharpened
teeth, in heated moments
your thought process must
mimic the race of a competitors
heart when facing defeat....
your quick must double the
pace of a preys feet after being
pronounced something to eat...
yes your awareness should
be animal like but actions should
portray a human being

Me....

I've been blessed
with guardians
who made sure I'd
never need the streets

taught how to survive.....

by all the death surrounding
me, to this day crime has
never been a state my mind
was forced to greet yet respects
evil twin since I've been grown
I'm yet to meet

To me, you earn
respect by owning
the man your mirror
claims live above your
feet... Disrespect doesn't
know my name because
it's been the same since I've
learned to breathe

False accusations

© 2013 viewtifulink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me, SP & many other fellow Poets out here who find peace with expression. Words are powerful and because you took the time to share your thoughts here remember you're making a difference. Use your Voice to give back to the world!
Much <3 SP