A father's love

A fathers love...

Is rich, equipped
with the stick found
beneath a slug..

My love for
her sticks around
like the stains from
that moving bug, I'd
mail her my arms if
she desired her fathers
hug distance can't defeat
the reach or the keep in
a fathers love

Some may not
agree due to some
acting cowardly...
his ability to plant
a seed doesn't portray
a fathers means..
my apologies to those
who's father never
plagued their scene
I'm glad mine wasn't
around they say we
learn from what was
seen

I've witnessed
a mothers pain
when it came to
the parenting struggle
so my involvement in
her life thanks to my
dad has been doubled..
the Responsibilities of a "man"
should never call for a huddle
it's not a pretty sight to see
a woman live within a bubble

The bond between
me and her mom
gradually became
unlinked.... A break
which broke our time
now I'm scheduled
for twice a week

A fathers love...

Is your will
to compete even
after faced with defeat,
it's the blood that roams
your veins as your mind
demands your heart to
beat, it's the joy in
your soul once the weight
of stress is finally free,
a fathers love is beyond
unique us men must strive
to make its presence routine

A father's love

© 2013 viewtifulink

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me, SP & many other fellow Poets out here who find peace with expression. Words are powerful and because you took the time to share your thoughts here remember you're making a difference. Use your Voice to give back to the world!
Much <3 SP