Moments In Life

Sometimes I wish
god equipped my
jaw with the clinch
of a pitt... Or blessed
me with hands the size
of your mental vision
of his.... Sometimes life
I can't stand like my
legs were severed at
the hips, somedays
I wish I had a switch that enabled a moment
to quit

What if you had
a break from every
thought that advertised
a struggle....all your
worries disappeared absent
resistance there's no reason
to huddle, I just need a few
moments to free myself from
uninvited trouble it's like every
other step I'm giving a reason
to stumble

they say these moments
make us who we are...
what if I said I'm content
with who I am by far?
if I know I've reached
my limit I deny my
vision toward the bar
I wish some moments
were an option it's still
okay to walk even though
you own a car

If you haven't
lived on earth it wouldn't
be extraordinary to reach
the stars, yes I know ones
strength is determined by his
wounds or her scars

But there's no
more room,My
soul is stained by times
of hard.... My skin saturated
by poverty my presence expected
behind bars

Living in this skin
as a man is a constant
spar just dismiss the
training gear and substitute
the ring with a jar....

there is no escape
the lid sealed shut
with my life to guard,
so imagine all my
wounds no space to
move I'm plagued with
scars

I can't afford to
fail the cost is
beyond my spending
limit.. Certain moments
I don't desire living like
such has me timid

Moments in life
© 2013 viewtifulink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me, SP & many other fellow Poets out here who find peace with expression. Words are powerful and because you took the time to share your thoughts here remember you're making a difference. Use your Voice to give back to the world!
Much <3 SP