Infiltrated

( ENIGMATIC MAHOGANY )

Discarded
Thrown away
Hurt
Damaged Goods
Words describing my heart for so very long
After all that I had experienced love was not a part of the equation
Just me and my babies no additions wanted
Heart walls built as high as the heaven's sky
That was until the day you knocked upon my door
And God placed the blessing of no other upon me
All I had to do was say yes
I couldn't deny
I could not turn away
From this thing so real
As I continued to try to close myself out
And say this could not be happening for me
You continued
God continued to allow oxygen to be breathed into this thing so real
My heart became infiltrated
The pain
The sorrow
The disappointments
Were all encountered
So that I would know for sure what you were
A man of heart, valor, an Ephesians 5 man
See,
we speak the same language of love
Its words of affirmation that keep us flowing
When you speak
My whole face lights up
Any ill feeling withers away
With you
I breathe
I inhale
I exhale
A calmness comes upon me
I know this thing here caught us by surprise
With each of our tales of pain
Someone else,
Emotions revealed,
Feelings beyond our control
Unexplainable to man
Destined by God
You question where do they make me?
He made me from your rib
I often times question How Did You Get Here
But see I know the answer
God delivered you to me
Special delivery
Don't worry
For I know you shall be handled with care
Hurting you is like hurting myself
With you
You elaborate upon my worth
We complement each other so well
I am your ying
You are my yang
We are equally yolked
Let me be your purple rain
As we celebrate the month of love
I gift to you my heart
I gift to you words of affirmation
Words like I appreciate you
I gift to you quality time
Although our timing has been short
With each passing day I intend to spend with you
I gift to you acts of service
I can't wait to make your dinner
I gift to you physical touch
Praying while holding hands
Thanking the master for this wonderful gift
I gift to you every language of love
Could it be that you are my soul mate?
My unconditional love
You came and made my life new
Took so long to find you
It's in the air
Come and take me there
I waited all day contemplating
Going crazy
Fear is gone now that you got me
We are so in tune
Let's write a musical
Every now and then someone comes along that you don't expect to love
Who can turn your world around
I'm no longer the woman that I used to be
Look at what you did to me
All the stress and pain that I used to feel has gone away
I pray this thing will last the test of time until my dying day
See I am no longer intimidated
For my heart you have infiltrated


( OXIGEN )

In a short time I was forced to reconsider what I know I said
Never again love don't live here just a vacancy
Why waste time when I know I make myself happier than they do I'll be alone instead
Especially when decisions I've made were done impatiently
Heart stepped on so much you can still see traces of the last footprints
Places I used to go with them are forgotten back I haven't looked since
Good friends telling me I'll find love again for me it seemed impossible
Until I felt insight from Gods eyes watching me while they were watching you
Conversation awaking emotions that died and had a burial
I know cause I was there saw my heart in the obituary
Now my heart acquiring feelings for a woman that I barely knew
Jumping leaps and bounds over the woman I had my kid with and Picked to marry
Enigmatic expressions cause they were hard to figure out
How someone could infiltrate walls harder than brinx protection
Told my heart it wasn't getting out & it chose a different route
Connection had me inspired like a gospel choirs a & b selection
Blown away by all your hard work and dedication
When my head pounds from the stress a word from you is medication
So on this day cupids arrow did more than just Pierce the skin
It made sure that what was buried for so long would never disappear again
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me, SP & many other fellow Poets out here who find peace with expression. Words are powerful and because you took the time to share your thoughts here remember you're making a difference. Use your Voice to give back to the world!
Much <3 SP